YJs are recommended as the best option for SPOA fabricators and customers wanting to clear some big tires with a real articulating SAFE and PROVEN system. ZOR offers more choices for SPUA and SPOA applications. YJs are the best thing to happen for Samurai suspensions. Used YJ springs are usually thrown away or sold cheap at local off road shops doing lifts for Wranglers. They are by far the most soft and flexy for our Zuks*.
Description of parts included in kit:
- Heavy duty OTT (over the top of the spring steering) with thick wall tubing and FJ80 balljoints for the utmost in toughness. Big balljoints eliminate those small toyota car balljoint failures. The driver and passenger thick cast steel steering arms can handle any power steering. Steering arms are securely fastened through the brake calipers. The taper tool to install FJ80 joints (portable electric/battery drill required).
- 4 Lower ZOR shock mounts with the replaceable shock stud.
- 4 Doestech shocks (two 8000 model with invisible bump stop and two 3000 model)
- Rear upper shock slant bar for more rear axle articulation (optional to use as terrains differ).
- ZOR small boobie hoop kit for the ultimate in frame support, the most adjustable upper front shock mount location and the proper angle for your application.
- ZOR MLPS (Missing Link) Complete front and rear kit. Front is ML with a PinSystem to prevent unloading on waterfall launches. Rear is extended shackle and rear shoe dropped for best ride and most articulation available.
- 4 Drive shaft spacers depending on your options sizes vary.
- Bushing kits for both front and rear frame mounts.
- Extended brake lines for your model year Samurai.
- ZOR universal low profile perches and RC 9/16"Heavy Duty U-bolt kits for both axles.
- ZOR Astrovan power steering box to Samurai frame mounting plates, for when you get serious about a front locker. You must select this at time of order when building your system!
Not included in the kit:
Samurai drive shafts have always been the number one problem for lifted Samurai owners. If you have had no drive shaft problems your going to and it will be ugly. the small factory u-joints are being tortured by what we make them do. There are lots of companies out there making 28 degree rotational drive shafts with 1310 aka Chevy 1/2 ton u-joint. I am the only company offering a 42 degree rotational drive shaft but this YJ kit will work with the 28 in most applications.
- YJ springs or spring bushings
SPOA or SPUA The choice is yours.
A ZOR SPUA uses Rancho Suspension YJ arched springs and keeps the car to a very low lift. So low in fact that OTT is not required YET we still provide the parts to make a HEAVY DUTY custom FJ80 steering system that out beefs the competition. For the wild and crazy man the 3" Arched can be done SPOA for big lifts.
A ZOR SPOA customer usually uses The CrownYJ6 pack leaf normal lift spring. This spring allows complete suspension tuning by removing leafs to prevent drooping or sagging associated with weaker worn out springs. For a small lift for smaller tires and incredible ride comfort Crowns can be used in SPUA applications. Our kits customize the right parts for your rig building dreams!
Shock Upgrades? Your choice. Doestech is the industry standard for safety and comfort when using a soft flexy YJ suspension. That is why they are included in the kit along with ZOR mounting points. The optional upgrade is the selectable dampening and rebound Rancho 9000. This high end shock is for the driver that will feel its not right, stop and adjust the rear, the front or both with a dial on the shock body to improve the ride on that terrain.
*If you get a chance turn a YJ spring upside down and with some help to balance step up on a YJ. Bouncy! That is why a good shock is needed to control that bounce. All 2" springs whether factory or aftermarket could never rate higher than a 4.5 ride quality. They have to be stiffer. It is because of the wider 2.5" spring eyes and 6-7"longer between eyes that require YJ kits to adapt YJ springs to the Samurai.